Friday, January 25, 2013

It's the Freakin Weekend!

No running for the weekend...we are spending it at the beach and its 15F outside and no treadmill.  The drive down was brutal.  Snow, bad drivers, and more snow.  I did make it to the Y this morning and ran a total of 2.5 miles with intermittent walking AND did a little weight training.  I decided not to drink coffee before running today.   Still confident in that decision : )

I'm slightly addicted to Luna Bars.  Great for counting carbs and not a ton of calories and very yummy.  They make a protein bar version but there are only 3 additional grams of protein and the regular bars taste better.  My challenge right now is that I'm starting with a high blood sugar and ending with a low.  200 bg to start and 54 right after.  Need to find a way to meet in the middle.

My plan for next week is to run on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  These are the days my 3 year old is in pre-school.  I may try to cross-train on one of the other days but we'll see.  I'm also going to try to run 2.5 consecutive miles next week on Tues/Thurs and 3 on Friday.  Slow and steady.

Now to the fun stuff...heading to the Under Armour outlet tomorrow to get some new running gear...Best part of running is looking good doing it!!!  And all of the health stuff and exercise too, of course :)

Going forward, I'll be posting on Mondays and Thursdays and only in between if something major happens.  (like new running shoes)

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment