Thursday, January 24, 2013

Big Day

Race registration...check
Order running pack (it makes me feel better if I don't have to call it a fanny pack) to hold diabetes supplies...check
Blog in progress...check
Now...what's next...oh, right...I need to run...

Keeping in mind that I have not been to the gym since November, my start was very, very slow.  5 minutes walking with incline of 5 on the treadmill (3mph), followed by 10 minutes of running at 6mph, 5 minutes at 3mph, then 10 minutes at 6mph followed by a cool down.  So total of 2 miles running.
Who was it that said "slow and steady wins the race?", a turtle...my hero, the turtle...I may need to seek out a new hero.

Good take-aways from today are as follows:

1. Drinking coffee before running is a bad idea.
2. You must walk before you can run, literally.
3. I used my phone note tab to record my blood sugar before and after the run and any adjustments to my pump, along with distance and speed info.  And since I use my phone for music, I recorded everything before I even got off of the treadmill.
4. Key playlist songs include "All the Above" by T-Pain and Maino (it's rap but it's awesome and the Phillies used it to warm up), "Hall of Fame" by the Script, "Run This Town" by Rihanna and JayZ.  Those are just a few of my favorites.

The plan for this weekend is to get the CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor) up and running, or should I say on and running.  My goal is to run with it on in the race with my trusty fanny pack, I mean running pack : )

I also have a feeling that bedtime is going to be getting earlier and earlier, so goodnight for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment