Saturday, March 30, 2013

Game on...seriously, this time

I'm going to be completely honest.  Up until now, I felt like training was really cool but not necessarily that important.  So the weeks that went by (like last week) that I couldn't run more than one day didn't seem that terrible.

Well, all of sudden it's going to be April on Monday.  And all of a sudden, there are only 36 days until Broad Street.  It's time to get serious, people.  Unless someone is barfing and unable to go to school or childcare at the Y, there are no excuses.  GAME ON.

Also, it seems like the weather is going to break next week.  I find it very annoying that the one year I set out to achieve a goal that is heavily reliant on the weather, there is snow in late March and the groundhog is still whining about being inaccurate.

So that's it.  Weather better, spring break over, hips still hurting (but I'm 35, waiting on that one will not help).

Motivation comes much easier to me if there is something cute and free to go with it, so I found a great blog with free calendar printables.  I printed a calendar for April and plan on writing my mileage goal on each day and tracking what I'm doing for the next month.

Here is the link if you need a calendar!  There is lots of other free stuff too!

http://theorganisedhousewife.com.au

It's also do or die with the continuous glucose monitor.  I've gotten so close so many times and now I have to stop procrastinating.  I also found the receipt from LAST YEAR that showed that I spent $352 out of pocket on the stupid thing and haven't used it once.  Procrastination.  ugh.



Off to run 3 now, old achy hips and all!

Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment